[ingo] can't get ingo talking to timsieved

Hiram Gibbard gibbard at chem.fsu.edu
Tue Apr 1 02:02:26 UTC 2008

my imapd.conf has:

sieveusehomedir: false
sievedir: /var/imap/sieve
sasl_mech_list: PLAIN LOGIN

cyrus.conf
sieve         cmd="timsieved" listen="sieve" prefork=0

the scripts are written in /var/imap/sieve/ingo.script

you can increase logging in horde by changing the value in the drop down
list. It on the same page as where I previously pointed you.

I would recommend viewing the mail logs at this point though.

let me know

Spiro Harvey, Knossos Networks Ltd wrote:
>> once logged in under the administrator -> horde link -> logging tab
>> should tell you where its logging.
>
> ah. thanks. :) well, it's in /tmp/horde.log :)
>
> ok, I've been fiddling some more like trying to change the auth from
> imap to sasl (as that's the database that imap uses), and then it didn't
> even load horde at all.
>
> I changed it back, and now I'm not getting the original error. I'm now
> getting authentication failure to/from sieve. here's the log:
>

> Apr  1 14:09:15 mx2 master[28608]: about to exec
> /usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/timsieved
> Apr  1 14:09:15 mx2 sieve[28608]: executed
> Apr  1 14:09:15 mx2 sieve[28608]: accepted connection
> Apr  1 14:09:15 mx2 sieve[28608]: badlogin:
> localhost.localdomain[127.0.0.1] PLAIN authentication failure
>
> in the /etc/imapd.conf, I've got:
>
> allowplaintext: true
> sasl_mech_list: PLAIN
>

> sieveshell lets me connect.
>
> is there any way I can enable a higher debugging mode for the logs?
>
> cheers

Hiram Gibbard
Florida State University
Computer Support