[ingo] ingo with file vfs and procmail backend

Jason Keltz jas at cse.yorku.ca
Fri Apr 4 03:46:19 UTC 2008

Hi.

I'm trying to use the procmail ingo backend along with the file VFS.  The
web server is running as "www".  The system has virtual home directories
that users do not have direct access to.  When I setup each virtual
directory on the system, inside the home directory, I create a
".procmailrc" owned by www.  ingo works perfectly in updating it when I
make a change.  The real problem is that procmail doesn't want the
.procmailrc file to be owned by someone other than the user receiving the
mail.  How do I get around this?  The only BAD hack I can think of would
be to write the file as "procmailrc" in ingo, and then in the users
.forward file, execute a script which copies procmailrc to .procmailrc and
then executes procmail on it, thus forcing the proper permissions, but
that just doesn't feel right.  The only way might be to use the FTP/SSH2
backends to enable a successful login so that the file is owned by the
user. However, it's a pity to have to enable ftp/ssh for the sole purpose,
and given that the accounts are virtual, I'm not quite sure how this would
work.  I don't want the user to *really* be able to ssh/ftp to the
server outside of horde... (which would have to be handled by firewall
rules I guess)...Any ideas?

jas.