[ingo] Ingo's Procmail vacation - /bin/sh: date: No such file or directory

David Powell (Tech at YANQ) tech at yanq.org.au
Fri Aug 1 06:18:14 UTC 2008

To follow up on my first post...

Quoting "David Powell (YANQ)" <tech at yanq.org.au>:
> Here are the relevant lines written to the procmail log when a
> message gets received (and the vacation email should be triggered):
>
> /bin/sh: date: No such file or directory
> /bin/bash: line 0: test: -gt: unary operator expected

I can fix these error messages by manually editing the 10th line in
the procmail vacation script which by default reads:

     DATE=`date +%s`

I just change this to

    DATE=`/bin/date +%s`

However the e-mails are still not generating a vacation message and
the procmail log still shows:

> procmail: Skipped "* ^TO_NOSPAM at domain.org.au"
> procmail: Skipped "* !^X-Loop: NOSPAM at domain.org.au"
> procmail: Skipped "* !^X-Spam-Flag: YES"
> procmail: Skipped "* !^FROM_DAEMON"
> procmail: Skipped "| formail -rD 8192
> ${VACATION_DIR:-.}/.vacation.NOSPAM at domain.org.au"

The dates on which the script is set (via ingo) to start and end are
before and after (respectively) todays date.  They are, FYI:
    start: July 23, 2008 = 1217340000
    end:   Feb 27, 2009 = 1235739600

It's a long vacation, I know.

So, what do I need to do to make this script work?

Cheers,

David

--
David Powell
Technical Officer
Email: tech at yanq.org.au
Web: http://www.yanq.org.au

NOTICE:This communication and all attachments contains information
which is confidential and the copyright of Youth Affairs Network Qld
(YANQ)or a third party. If you are not the intended recipient of this
communication please delete and destroy all copies and telephone/email
(details above) YANQ. If you are the intended recipient of this
communication you should not copy, disclose or distribute this
communication without the authority of YANQ. Any views expressed in
this communication are those of the individual sender, except where
the sender specifically states them to be the views of YANQ.  Except
as required at law, YANQ does not represent, warrant and/or guarantee
that the integrity of this communication has been maintained or that
the communication is free of errors, virus, interception or
interference.