[ingo] maildir folder separator in sieve

Daniel Mayer mayer at couga.net
Fri Jun 5 14:43:12 UTC 2009

Hi,

On 06/05/2009 03:24 AM, Jan Schneider wrote:
> Zitat von Daniel Mayer <mayer at couga.net>:
>
>> Christopher,
>>
>> On 06/04/2009 07:21 AM, Christopher Stegmann wrote:
>>> It is possible to set a maildir folder separator in backends.php
>>> configuration of ingo: http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/7621
>>> How can i configure that separator for sieve-scripts?
>>
>> I was looking into this one or two month ago and did not find any
>> setting for it. I ended up modifying the code which generates the
>> sieve files which has the separator hardcoded in it.
>>
>> If you are interested I can try to find the file and place I changed.
>> For me it was necessary to make Ingo work with dovecot..
>
> Ingo is using the IMP API to set folder names, so it uses the same
> separators like IMP. Unless you intentionally turned off the API usage,
> which is highly discouraged in the setting comments.

I use the following configuration for dovecot and its sieve daemon:

$backends['sieve'] = array(
         'driver' => 'timsieved',
         'preferred' => 'localhost',
         'hordeauth' => full,
         'params' => array(
                 'hostspec' => 'localhost',
                 'logintype' => 'PLAIN',
                 'usetls' => false,
                 'port' => 2000,
                 'scriptname' => 'ingo',
         ),
         'script' => 'sieve',
         'scriptparams' => array(),
         'shares' => false
);

Dovecots delivery agent needs the path to be separated by dots and, if I
remember correctly, Ingo produced slashes as separators. IMP works fine
with the minimal configuration and automatic namespace etc. detection:

$servers['imap'] = array(
     'name' => 'Server',
     'server' => 'localhost',
     'hordeauth' => false,
     'protocol' => 'imap/notls',
     'port' => 143,
     'quota' => array('driver'=>'imap'),
);

My workaround was a simple str_replace in Sieve_Action_Fileinto::
Sieve_Action_Fileinto (in the file ./lib/Script/sieve.php).

Maybe I configured something incorrectly, but I first tried to solve the
problem using the documented configuration problems with no luck.

If there is a standard way to do this, I would be happy to try it.
Daniel