[ingo] maildir folder separator in sieve

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Fri Jun 5 14:52:12 UTC 2009

Zitat von Daniel Mayer <mayer at couga.net>:

> Hi,
>
> On 06/05/2009 03:24 AM, Jan Schneider wrote:
>> Zitat von Daniel Mayer <mayer at couga.net>:
>>
>>> Christopher,

>>> I was looking into this one or two month ago and did not find any
>>> setting for it. I ended up modifying the code which generates the
>>> sieve files which has the separator hardcoded in it.
>>>
>>> If you are interested I can try to find the file and place I changed.
>>> For me it was necessary to make Ingo work with dovecot..
>>
>> Ingo is using the IMP API to set folder names, so it uses the same
>> separators like IMP. Unless you intentionally turned off the API usage,
>> which is highly discouraged in the setting comments.
>
> I use the following configuration for dovecot and its sieve daemon:
>
> $backends['sieve'] = array(
>         'driver' => 'timsieved',
>         'preferred' => 'localhost',
>         'hordeauth' => full,
>         'params' => array(
>                 'hostspec' => 'localhost',
>                 'logintype' => 'PLAIN',
>                 'usetls' => false,
>                 'port' => 2000,
>                 'scriptname' => 'ingo',
>         ),
>         'script' => 'sieve',
>         'scriptparams' => array(),
>         'shares' => false
> );
>
> Dovecots delivery agent needs the path to be separated by dots and,
> if I remember correctly, Ingo produced slashes as separators. IMP
> works fine with the minimal configuration and automatic namespace
> etc. detection:
>
> $servers['imap'] = array(
>     'name' => 'Server',
>     'server' => 'localhost',
>     'hordeauth' => false,
>     'protocol' => 'imap/notls',
>     'port' => 143,
>     'quota' => array('driver'=>'imap'),
> );
>
> My workaround was a simple str_replace in Sieve_Action_Fileinto::
> Sieve_Action_Fileinto (in the file ./lib/Script/sieve.php).
>
> Maybe I configured something incorrectly, but I first tried to solve
> the problem using the documented configuration problems with no luck.

The question was whether you use the IMP API to retrieve the folder
list. This is set in the configuration. If you do, and if Dovecot is
providing a different folder separator through the NAMESPACE command
(slashes) than it expects in its delivery agent (dots), then I'd
consider it pretty broken.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/