[ingo] There was an error activating the script. The driver said: Not currently in TRANSACTION state

Sebastian Kronenwerth sebastian at kronenwerth.de
Wed Dec 23 13:04:20 UTC 2009

Hi,

I have a problem with Ingo since two days. After every change in my sieve
rules, I get an error like this: "There was an error activating the script.
The driver said: Not currently in TRANSACTION state". To fix the problem I
have done the following:

1. I upgrated Ingo from 1.2.1 to 1.2.3 --> I have the same problem.
2. I upgrated Net_Sieve (pear) --> I have the same problem.
3. I tested sieve rules with managesieve from Roundcube. This works parallel
to Horde/IMP/Ingo since ~9 month --> managesieve has no problems
4. I tested Ingo with a new webaccount --> same problem

I use sieve with dovecot and virtual users. My Dovecot configuration for
managesieve looks like this:

protocol managesieve {
  login_executable = /usr/lib/dovecot/managesieve-login
  listen = 127.0.0.1:2000
  mail_executable = /usr/lib/dovecot/managesieve
  sieve=/var/vmail/%d/%n/.dovecot.sieve
}

and my backends.php looks like this:

$backends['sieve'] = array(
    'driver' => 'timsieved',
    'preferred' => '127.0.0.1',
    'hordeauth' => 'full',
    'params' => array(
        // Hostname of the timsieved server
        'hostspec' => '127.0.0.1',
        // Login type of the server
        'logintype' => 'PLAIN',
        // Enable/disable TLS encryption
        'usetls' => false,
        // Port number of the timsieved server
        'port' => 2000,
        // Name of the sieve script
        'scriptname' => 'ingo',
        // The following settings can be used to specify an administration
        // user to update all users' scripts. If you want to use an admin
        // user, you also need to disable 'hordeauth' above. You have to use
        // an admin user if you want to use shared rules.
        // 'username' => 'cyrus',
        // 'password' => '*****',
    ),
    'script' => 'sieve',
    'scriptparams' => array(),
    'shares' => false
);

Has anyone an idea to solve this problem? - I'm trying since hours and my
ideas are over.

Thank you very much,
Sebastian