[ingo] Required backend for Ingo

Simon Brereton simon.brereton at dada.net
Mon Apr 26 20:57:18 UTC 2010

 From: Joerg Peters
 Sent: Monday, April 26, 2010 3:39 PM
> To: Simon Brereton; ingo at lists.horde.org
> Subject: AW: [ingo] Required backend for Ingo
>
> Hi Simon,
> I´m struggling with Ingo, too. It seems that a documentation is not
> available (or I just was not able to find it...).
> I used this HowTo from natecarlson.com:
> http://www.natecarlson.com/2009/01/07/using-procmail-with-plesk-
> rules-via-in
> go/
> It describes the setup for PLESK using a procmail file but it may
> apply to other setups, too!
> Maybe use the .forward file to forward the emails to procmail and
> procmail will do the delivery...

Joerg

Thanks for the tip.  I'm reluctant to use Procmail for 2 reasons.  I've never needed it before (its originally client SW that's been coerced into being a server solution.  This is a kludge) and it seems heavy handed and inelegant to install something for the sole purpose of making something else work.

However if I look at the example, it appears possible to make Ingo drop the file the file somewhere.  If only that somewhere could be the Maildir everything would be set.  Hopefully, someone can tell us how to do that, or even approximate it (by which I mean, if the file could go to the same space golem uses and the sys admin could sym link to that in the Maildir (which I think would work).  Hopefully someone can confirm, or disabuse me of the notion..  Giving Apache r/w permissions to the mail system seems like a security write-up to me..

Simon