[ingo] Required backend for Ingo

lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de
Tue Apr 27 08:52:27 UTC 2010

Zitat von Joerg Peters <jp at hosts1.de>:

> Hi Simon,
> I´m struggling with Ingo, too. It seems that a documentation is not
> available (or I just was not able to find it...).
> I used this HowTo from natecarlson.com:
> http://www.natecarlson.com/2009/01/07/using-procmail-with-plesk-rules-via-in
> go/
> It describes the setup for PLESK using a procmail file but it may apply to
> other setups, too!
> Maybe use the .forward file to forward the emails to procmail and procmail
> will do the delivery...

The documentation is available in the ingo/docs/ directory and in the
ingo/config/*.dist files.

Basically the way to configuration is dependant of the MDA (mail
delivery agent) used to bring the mail in the mailboxes. If you are
using procmail to do so the .forward files are used and must be placed
in the corecct location. If you us Cyrus most of the time sieve is the
right choice. So the basic question is which MDA is used and how.

Regards

Andreas