[ingo] Parse Sieve scripts

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Sun May 15 10:46:01 UTC 2011

Zitat von Hanns Mattes <hanns at hannsmattes.de>:

> Hi,
>
> I like ingo, in fact it's ohne of the main reasons, why I want my users
> to use Horde as Webmailer and a frontend for their account-management
> (btw. I'm glad to read, that the passwd-functionality will be ported to
> new Horde).
>
> It would be helpful, if ingo could parse existing sieve scripts. Most of
> my users[1] created sieve-scripts with smartsieve or the
> tunderbird-Sieve-extension, but afaics, ingo is much more user-friendly.
>
> My php-knowledge is too limited to contribute code, but is there any
> other way, I can help to implement this functionality?[2]
>
> Regards Hanns
>
> [1] About 250 Users, and only a few of them are using server-side
> filtering - so it's a small userbase
> [2] A Donation, for example?

This is almost impossible. Beside that we'd have to implement (or
port) a complete Sieve parser to PHP, users can create arbitrary
scripts that you can't simply port to a rule set.

The only viable option is to allow power users to directly enter their
Sieve rules and only use Ingo's uploading functionality. We would hide
the rule list completely then. If you are interested in sponsoring
such a solution, we can talk about details and prepare a proposal.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/