[ingo] Unable to load backends.[local].php

Ivan Sergio Borgonovo mail at webthatworks.it
Fri Aug 8 08:10:03 UTC 2014

On Thu, 07 Aug 2014 16:31:56 -0600
Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org> wrote:

> My guess is you are actually not logging out/destroying the session
> after changing the config file(s).  You can't change config files
> during an active session and see any changes, for obvious reasons.

Thanks.
I don't know how I got the wrong impression they were not cached.
It works.

As a side note with all my humbleness and conscious I'm a complete
newbie in the sieve realm and that all improvement requires work so you
may have already thought about any possible better implementation I
noticed ingo could cause some confusion if it's not the only frontend
to a sievemanage server.

Ingo doesn't show other scripts on the sieve server and mix the concept
of deactivating and deleting a script.

I know it may be hard to parse a handwritten script and give it a GUI
interface consistent with other backends (procmail, imap, maildrop...)
but still it would be nice if ingo could show scripts on the server,
avoid to delete its own script on "deactivation" and let you activate
any of the saved script on the server.

Suppose I've my wonderful handmade sieve script on the server and I
would like to add a couple of simple rules to it and decide I'm going
to try Ingo... I just deactivated my script and I've no way other than
using another client to reactivate it.

One possible solution could be to put beginning/end marker to the ingo
generated part of a script, add a list of available script on the
server, add an editor to handwrite/modify scripts (or just show them).

Still first impression on horde is it is a very nice tool.
Time to convert my ages old procmail scripts.

Thanks again.

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
http://www.webthatworks.it