[ingo] Unable to load backends.[local].php

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Thu Aug 7 22:31:56 UTC 2014

Quoting Ivan Sergio Borgonovo <mail at webthatworks.it>:

> On Thu, 07 Aug 2014 11:57:51 -0600
> Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org> wrote:
>
>> Sounds like you haven't actually activated sieve in the config.
>
> Where?

Read the documentation in ingo/config/backends.php.

> But still even if it was just a sieve configuration problem I'd say
> that at least some file would be loaded.
>
> Not only I don't see sieve backend working, but no matter what kind
> of rubbish I put in the original ingo/config/backends.php file I can't
> see any error. That looks like that file is completely ignored and I'd
> expect that since the default backend is imap it wouldn't.
>
> So putting rubbish in that file would result in some error if it was
> loaded.

Ingo would completely fail to work if that file isn't read.  Ingo
doesn't "default" to imap.  It reads the configuration from imap from
that file.  The *config* file is set to imap by default, but there's
nothing special about imap within the actual application code.

My guess is you are actually not logging out/destroying the session
after changing the config file(s).  You can't change config files
during an active session and see any changes, for obvious reasons.

And Horde logging (at the DEBUG level) will tell you every config file
that is loaded, so you should be using that.

michael