[ingo] Fwd: Problem writing .procmailrc files.

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Wed Oct 28 13:53:02 UTC 2015

Please keep discussion on the list.

----- Forwarded message from Pro Green European
<pro_green_european at yahoo.com> -----
     Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2015 13:38:10 +0000 (UTC)
     From: Pro Green European <pro_green_european at yahoo.com>
  Subject: Re: [ingo] Problem writing .procmailrc files.
       To: mrubinsk at horde.org

On Wednesday, October 28, 2015 2:10 PM, Michael J Rubinsky
<mrubinsk at horde.org> wrote:

Quoting Pro Green European <pro_green_european at yahoo.com>:

> Hi.
>
> I am experiencing problems with Ingo 3.2.7 on a RHEL7 based server.
>

> After we switched from a RHEL6 Apache/mod_php based Horde
> installation to one with RHEL7 and Apache2.4/php55-php-fpm 5.5.21-4
> from RHSCL, no .procmailrc data is written into the files.
>
> I've tried switching over from FTP to SFTP, but with the same results.
>
> Connection is established, user logs in, but no data is written to
> the .procmailrc file:
>
> My Ingo backends.local.php is:
>
> $resIngo0 = $registry->call('mail/server');
> $resIngo1 = $GLOBALS['registry']->getAuth();
>
> $backends['procmail'] = array(
>  'disabled' => false,
>  'transport' => array(
>   Ingo::RULE_ALL => array(
>    'driver' => 'vfs',
>    'params' => array(
>    'hostspec' => $resIngo0['hostspec'],
>                   'filename' => '.procmailrc',
>                   'vfs_path' => '/'.$resIngo1.'/',
>                   'vfstype' => 'ssh2',
>                   'port' => 22,
>    )
>          ),
>  ),
>
>  'script' => array(
>   Ingo::RULE_ALL => array(
>    'driver' => 'procmail',
>               'params' => array(
>     'path_style' => 'maildir',
>                    'variables' => array(
>                         'SHELL' => '/bin/sh',
>                    ),
>    ),
>   ),
>  ),
> 'shares' => false
> );
>
> Then I get the error message:
>
> Script not updated: There was an error activating the script. The
> driver said: Unable to write VFS file "/USERNAME/.procmailrc".
>
> No file is created.

Sounds like a permissions problem maybe...

--
mike
The Horde Project

Hi.

Thank you for your reply. Much appreciated.

What kind of permissions issue would it be? I can upload/delete files
when I from the command line transfer files with lftp or sftp. Setting
Selinux into Permissive mode does not help, giving PHP all kinds of
permissions does not help. With FTP as backend, a file is created, but
it is empty. No file is created with SFTP.

How are the .procmailrc files created on the Horde server, if there is
something in the process there that fail?

I think my next step is to create a PHP script which FTP and SFTP
specific files for a user to the target system and see if file upload
will work then.

BR,
/PGE

----- End forwarded message -----