[ingo] Problem writing .procmailrc files.

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Wed Oct 28 14:03:38 UTC 2015

> Please keep discussion on the list.
>
> ----- Forwarded message from Pro Green European
> <pro_green_european at yahoo.com> -----
>     Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2015 13:38:10 +0000 (UTC)
>     From: Pro Green European <pro_green_european at yahoo.com>
>  Subject: Re: [ingo] Problem writing .procmailrc files.
>       To: mrubinsk at horde.org
>
> On Wednesday, October 28, 2015 2:10 PM, Michael J Rubinsky
> <mrubinsk at horde.org> wrote:
>

> Quoting Pro Green European <pro_green_european at yahoo.com>:
>
>> Hi.
>>
>> I am experiencing problems with Ingo 3.2.7 on a RHEL7 based server.
>>

>> After we switched from a RHEL6 Apache/mod_php based Horde
>> installation to one with RHEL7 and Apache2.4/php55-php-fpm 5.5.21-4
>> from RHSCL, no .procmailrc data is written into the files.
>>
>> I've tried switching over from FTP to SFTP, but with the same results.
>>
>> Connection is established, user logs in, but no data is written to
>> the .procmailrc file:
>>
>> My Ingo backends.local.php is:
>>
>> $resIngo0 = $registry->call('mail/server');
>> $resIngo1 = $GLOBALS['registry']->getAuth();
>>
>> $backends['procmail'] = array(
>> 'disabled' => false,
>> 'transport' => array(
>>  Ingo::RULE_ALL => array(
>>   'driver' => 'vfs',
>>   'params' => array(
>>   'hostspec' => $resIngo0['hostspec'],

Does the current horde user have ftp access to this host? Using the
same credentials as the horde login?

>>                  'filename' => '.procmailrc',
>>                  'vfs_path' => '/'.$resIngo1.'/',

FYI: You can use %U as a placeholder for the username.

>>                  'vfstype' => 'ssh2',
>>                  'port' => 22,
>>   )
>>         ),
>> ),
>>
>> 'script' => array(
>>  Ingo::RULE_ALL => array(
>>   'driver' => 'procmail',
>>              'params' => array(
>>    'path_style' => 'maildir',
>>                   'variables' => array(
>>                        'SHELL' => '/bin/sh',
>>                   ),
>>   ),
>>  ),
>> ),
>> 'shares' => false
>> );
>>
>> Then I get the error message:
>>
>> Script not updated: There was an error activating the script. The
>> driver said: Unable to write VFS file "/USERNAME/.procmailrc".
>>
>> No file is created.
>

> Sounds like a permissions problem maybe...
>

> --
> mike
> The Horde Project
> http://www.horde.org
> https://www.facebook.com/hordeproject
> https://www.twitter.com/hordeproject
>

> Hi.
>

> Thank you for your reply. Much appreciated.
>

> What kind of permissions issue would it be?

The server process needs to have write access to the directory you are
creating the .procmailrc file in.

I can upload/delete files
> when I from the command line transfer files with lftp or sftp.
> Setting Selinux into Permissive mode does not help, giving PHP all
> kinds of permissions does not help. With FTP as backend, a file is
> created, but it is empty. No file is created with SFTP.
>
> How are the .procmailrc files created on the Horde server, if there
> is something in the process there that fail?

What does the log say on the FTP/ssh host?