[ingo] Folder list refresh

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Tue Feb 2 20:20:47 UTC 2016

Zitat von Ob Noxious <obnox3 at gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> This is only a small inconvenience but worth reporting anyway.
>
> I was reading my mail with Thunderbird and using Ingo to setup some Sieve
> filters to move mail to specified IMAP folders depending on criteria.
>
> For a particular mail pattern, I decided to create a NEW folder with
> Thunderbird and then, finish the configuration of the filter with Ingo. As
> IMP is installed (but with 'status' = 'hidden' in case it matters), the
> "Deliver to folder..." gets a list of available IMAP folders to use.
>
> The new folder I just created wasn't in the list and I found no way to
> refresh that list (ie: get out of the current filter config and try to
> return, refresh the page, etc...). I had to logout and log back in to have
> an updated folder list.
>
> Is it possible to get a way to update the folder list on demand, maybe a
> small button right to the list?

No, because Ingo doesn't know where the list is coming from, whether
it's cached or not, or whether it's refreshable.
You have such a button in IMP, that *does* know about these things.

> =================================
>
> About the same folder list, the display is a bit different than within IMP
> and Ingo. IMP indents subfolders whereas Ingo displays the full path with
> slashes. I find the IMP display behaviour way cleaner to read
>
> [IMP style]
> Folder1
>   SubFolderFoo
>     SubFolderBaz
>   SubFolderBar
>
> vs
>
> [Ingo style]
> Folder1
> Folder1/SubFolderFoo
> Folder1/SubFolderFoo/SubFolderBaz
> Folder1/SubFolderBar
>
> If the space indentation isn't clear enough for people, maybe prefix the
> names with unicode symbols such as U+2192 → or even better U+21B3 ↳
>
> What do you think?

This would require namespace information to be available to Ingo,
which isn't the case. And frankly, it would be far to many details for
a simple folder list API.

--
Jan Schneider
The Horde Project