[jeta] hanging bug?

Tue, 8 Oct 2002 14:01:51 -0500

> Quoting Eric Rostetter <eric.rostetter@physics.utexas.edu>:
>
> > Have you tried opening the java console and seeing if anything useful is
> > there?

Access denied... Not sure, but I'd guess it is a hostname issue.

Make sure the host name you are passing the java applet, if any, is the
same as the hostname of the web server.  Java only lets you connect back
to the same host the applet came from.  Sometime DNS cnames or load balancing
and the like can mess it up, as can web server configs not matching what
java sees (java thinks it downloaded from www.mysite.com, but the applet
was passed web1.mysite.com instead, etc).

Other than that I would need more info.  Probably the full console log.
The other logs I was talking about were e.g. your ssh server logs.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!