[jonah] locale translations for jonah?

Eric Jon Rostetter eric.rostetter@physics.utexas.edu
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 19:27:43 -0500 (CDT)

> Quoting Eric Jon Rostetter <eric.rostetter@physics.utexas.edu>:
>
> > I'd like to add some more language support to Jonah.  Can anyone
> > provide information on the translation for "Channels on" (as
> > in "66 Channels on Jonah") in different languages?
>
> I'm not sure what you mean by this?
>
> -chuck

Okay, here's the basic story.  Since Jonah is not yet a portal
in itself, I have horde running as a "portal" of such, with IMP
and Jonah and several other (non-horde) things running under it.
In other words, I've basically integrated Jonah into the imp
framework.  It provides login like IMP, and locale for various
languages like IMP, all with the same frame structure as IMP
(2.2.x  IMP of course, not the newest version w/o frames).

Anyway, since my version of Jonah now is set up for all the
languages available to IMP, I thought it would be cool to try
to translate the 2 or 3 phrases in Jonah into the various
languages supported by IMP.  Problem is of course I don't speak
most of those languages, and I don't speak "web-terms" in the
ones I do speak.  I can enter the strings into bable from altavista
and get an answer, but I don't know if that answer is valid or
not.

Now, the main string that concerns me is the one that displays
at the top of the Jonah main page that says "29 Channels on
Jonah" (or however many channels the local server has).  So
my question was: can anyone on the list translate "29 Channels
on Jonah" to any of the languages supported by Horde/IMP?

If anyone can help, then I would appreciate it.  If not, then
no big deal, but I'd really like to have this just as a kind
of selling point if nothing else...

I hope that explains things.

Eric Jon Rostetter
The Department of Physics