[jonah] locale translations for jonah?

Eric Jon Rostetter eric.rostetter@physics.utexas.edu
Fri, 27 Oct 2000 13:47:18 -0500 (CDT)

Zitiere Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck@horde.org>:

> Quoting Eric Jon Rostetter <eric.rostetter@physics.utexas.edu>:
>
> > Okay, here's the basic story.  Since Jonah is not yet a portal
> > in itself, I have horde running as a "portal" of such, with IMP
> > and Jonah and several other (non-horde) things running under it.
> > In other words, I've basically integrated Jonah into the imp
> > framework.  It provides login like IMP, and locale for various
> > languages like IMP, all with the same frame structure as IMP
> > (2.2.x  IMP of course, not the newest version w/o frames).
>
> Can you provide a demo of this? Sounds interesting...

No, but for you (Chuck) I could give you a "test" account.
Let me know if you are interested...

> > Anyway, since my version of Jonah now is set up for all the
> > languages available to IMP, I thought it would be cool to try
> > to translate the 2 or 3 phrases in Jonah into the various
> > languages supported by IMP.  Problem is of course I don't speak
> > most of those languages, and I don't speak "web-terms" in the
> > ones I do speak.  I can enter the strings into bable from altavista
> > and get an answer, but I don't know if that answer is valid or
> > not.
>
> Ah, okay. Yeah, we could use some kind of translation system saying what
> needs
> to be translated... I can't help you, unfortunately, as I speak a bunch
> of computer languages and not much else. :)

Yeah, I actually speak 3 languages fairly well, but not when it comes to
computer terminology...

Many, Many thanks to Michael Hoenning for the German translation.  It's
in place and working (fairly well at least -- seems to cache the old page
sometimes when switching languages,  nothing that the "reload" button does
fix... I'll try to know that problem out soon).