[jonah] Jonah ideas

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Thu, 02 Nov 2000 18:51:12 -0500 (EST)

Quoting Eric Jon Rostetter <eric.rostetter@physics.utexas.edu>:

[portal front-end]
> This is where I was heading, so this would be were I'd be most interested
> in helping out.  :)

Great! I think the goal here is to develop a front-end framework independant of
any of the back end stuff, where you have a list of "boxes" (or whatever) in
various states (open, minimized, etc) each holding a piece of content (which
should just be a pointer into something, not the content itself, obviously), in
some layout. Storing and displaying that sounds like a good start. =)

Like I said, the portal.php.net code is available at:
http://cvs.php.net/viewcvs.cgi/portal/

And there are probably a few others to start on. If you've got questions about
the Prefs:: stuff, the dev@lists.horde.org list is probably the best place to
bring them up, though the jonah list is good too.

> > And users, and the admin stuff needs authentication too, and for that we
> > should tie in the Horde Auth:: and Perms:: frameworks that I've been
> > working on.
>
> Sounds interesting...

Is that an "I need more information" sounds interesting, or a "I don't quite
follow" sounds interesting (or other)?

> Yep, I might be able to help some of the above.  :)

Great! =)

> But, I've never used cvs, so I guess my first job is to set up a test
> server and learn how to use cvs.  :)  Then I'll start on the above stuff.

Sounds good. If you need a cvs account, let me know, and we can get you set up.

> Is it okay if I ask silly questions (about cvs usage, how the internal
> workings of the horde framework, etc) directly to you when they're too
> simple/embarassing for the list? *grin*

Simple stuff, sure. Anything about Horde internals should probably go to the
list just so we have some of it documented _somewhere_.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
Many states consider gambling so immoral that they not only prohibit private