[jonah] Idiotic setup question

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 22:16:00 -0500

Quoting Graeme.Merrall@i7.com.au:

> Thanks for that, works fine now.
> Is there any info on future plans like chucking the channel list into a DB
> etc?  I thought some funky Meerkat interface type thing coul dbe added in
> the futire - yes, that cold be construed as volunteering :).

Oh, there are plenty of future plans. But I've no real idea when I'll get to
it. I've been working a bit on taking the portal.php.net code and porting it
over to Jonah/Horde, and have made some progress on that - it's all sitting on
my laptop, but I can commit the partially finished code if anyone is interested.

I was toying with the idea of putting channels (blocks, in general) into a
database, and then I wondered if it'd be better to have a central database
(running off of horde.org) where people could categorize services, and to have
jonah installations talk to that. Or if there should just be local databases.
Or both. Thoughts?

Btw, if you want to work on this, you are _most_ welcome!

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
Entropy. It's what's for dinner.