[jonah] No longer able to retrieve headlines

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 12:54:21 -0500

Quoting Brad Hazledine <brad.hazledine@caledoncard.com>:

>  foreach ($channels as $key => $channel) {
>                 echo 'Updating ' . $channel['name'] . '... ';
> line 54 ->        $fp = fopen($channel['url'], 'rb');
>                  if (!is_resource($fp)) {
>                         echo '<font color="red">could not fetch channel
> file. Skipping.</font><br>';
>                         continue;
>
> Actual error...
> Warning: fopen("http://www.salon.com/feed/RDF/salon_use.rdf", "rb") - No
> such file or directory in /var/www/htdocs/horde/jonah/backend.php on line 54
> could not fetch channel file. Skipping. .. and so on down the list

For every file? Do you have fopen_wrappers turned off?

This isn't a Jonah bug; you just can't seem to fetch channel files for some
reason. I've verified that it's working fine on my install, so the code is okay.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"What was and what may be, lie, like children whose faces we cannot see, in the