[jonah] missing cli vars - and wget timeout.

Klavs Klavsen kl at vsen.dk
Fri Jan 10 11:17:42 PST 2003

Hi guys,

I was just working on getting jonah to update the newsfeeds via cron
(using cli-backend.sh).

However I found that the settings for cli-auth and ip-addrs allowed had
been commented out in the conf.xml - which was why cli-backend.sh didn't
work (they have to be set in the conf.php - just like for klutz).

Why is this?

Also the wget command in both klutz and jonah is missing a --timeout=15
seconds (or some other number) - since the default timeout is 900
seconds - and some of the newsfeeds especially - do timeout - and with
that many  newsfeeds - the update script might just take days to run :(

--
Regards,
Klavs Klavsen - kl at vsen.dk - http://www.vsen.dk

Working with Unix is like wrestling a worthy opponent.
Working with windows is like attacking a small whining child
who is carrying a .38.