[jonah] Re: missing cli vars - and wget timeout.

Klavs Klavsen kl at vsen.dk
Fri Jan 10 11:54:35 PST 2003

On Fri, 10 Jan 2003 11:17:42 +0100
Klavs Klavsen <kl at vsen.dk> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I was just working on getting jonah to update the newsfeeds via cron
> (using cli-backend.sh).
>
> However I found that the settings for cli-auth and ip-addrs allowed
> had been commented out in the conf.xml - which was why cli-backend.sh
> didn't work (they have to be set in the conf.php - just like for
> klutz).
>
> Why is this?
>
> Also the wget command in both klutz and jonah is missing a
> --timeout=15 seconds (or some other number) - since the default
> timeout is 900 seconds - and some of the newsfeeds especially - do
> timeout - and with that many  newsfeeds - the update script might just
> take days to run :(

Uups. I just realized that limiting wget - just means the newsfeed gets
stopped if one of them are slow. disregard that, we need a timeout in
the backend.php fetch algorithm. any ideas how best to do this?

 --
 Regards,
 Klavs Klavsen - kl at vsen.dk - http://www.vsen.dk

 Working with Unix is like wrestling a worthy opponent.
 Working with windows is like attacking a small whining child
 who is carrying a .38.