[jonah] Jonah (today's cvs head) I no longer see headlines.

eculp at encontacto.net eculp at encontacto.net
Tue Jan 21 08:04:39 PST 2003

I checked my subscriptions and added a few new ones with no problem.
I updated the headlines.  Everything works except I nothing under
headlines.  I have weather and stock quotes but no headlines.  I'm
not sure when this happened because I was trying to get used to and/or
improve the menu_dhtml by making css changes in themes so I was updating
but not actually checking anything unrelated.  My first clue was the
addition of templates.php.dist

I saw it and decided to give news admin a spin.  BTW, when I add a, less
than 20 word, news article and I try to access it with the url I only get
the date.  During updating I get the following messages:

  could not fetch channel file. Skipping.
and
  write to generated detailed html file failed. Skipping this channel.

I assume that this is working and I have something incorrectly configured,
but I haven't found it.  Everything seems intuitive.  I add a news source,
me.  I add it to channels.  I add a story.  It is saved, I can edit it, etc.
I don't think that I need to do anything else.  This is far from being
important.  I was just testing a cool new toy:-)

Thanks,

ed