[jonah] Jonah (today's cvs head) I no longer see headlines.

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Tue Jan 21 11:07:44 PST 2003

Quoting eculp at encontacto.net:

> I checked my subscriptions and added a few new ones with no problem.
> I updated the headlines.  Everything works except I nothing under
> headlines.  I have weather and stock quotes but no headlines.  I'm
> not sure when this happened because I was trying to get used to and/or
> improve the menu_dhtml by making css changes in themes so I was updating
> but not actually checking anything unrelated.  My first clue was the
> addition of templates.php.dist

You'll need to re-save the "view" for each of your subscribed channels,
since we're now more flexible about allowing different/configurable views
and the storage had to change.

> I saw it and decided to give news admin a spin.  BTW, when I add a, less
> than 20 word, news article and I try to access it with the url I only get
> the date.  During updating I get the following messages:
>
>   could not fetch channel file. Skipping.
> and
>   write to generated detailed html file failed. Skipping this channel.

Less than 20 words in the full text? Access it with *what* URL?

> I assume that this is working and I have something incorrectly
> configured, but I haven't found it.  Everything seems intuitive.  I add a
> news source, me.  I add it to channels.  I add a story.  It is saved, I
> can edit it, etc.

Sounds okay there... My custom (Jonah authored) channel is working fine...

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
must ... find ... acorns ... *thud*