[jonah] Unable To Unsub From No Longer Avail. Newsfeeds

Chris J Albertson alb at chrisalbertson.com
Fri Mar 7 14:47:43 PST 2003

 > Would people be okay with automatically removing sources that aren't
 > available from people's preferences?

When you talk about auto-remove, would this be a runtime thing? ie. when the
list of available sources loads, it would check each source and only display if
available? If this is what you're talking about, I would have questions about
performance. Maybe add this to the administration configuration of Jonah as an
option in case we "slow internet link folk" want to turn it off for performace
reasons.

my 2c.

Thanks!

--
Chris Albertson
Owner - ChrisAlbertson.com  (Actually, I rent, with an option to buy)

4783147098

Quoting "Michael C. Ibarra" <ibarra at hawk.com>:

 > Quoting "Michael C. Ibarra" <ibarra at hawk.com>:
 >
 > > I am getting errors for news files that do not exist, yet I am
 > > unable to unsub from them to stop these errors. The newsfeeds
 > > are:
 > >
 > > Windows CE Power
 > > PDARealm
 > > Google Top 10
 > >
 > > Is there any other way to unsub?
 >
 > Not currently. Can you paste the errors? I can try and silence them, at
 > least.

 They all look the same, here are two.

 Warning: readfile("/var/spool/jonah/html/windowscepower-1.html") - No such
 file
 or directory in /horde/lib/Horde.php on line 270

 Warning: readfile("/var/spool/jonah/html/googletop10-1.html") - No such file
 or
 directory in /horde/lib/Horde.php on line 270

 > Would people be okay with automatically removing sources that aren't
 > available from people's preferences?

 Heck, there would be no complaints from me :-)

 -mike