[jonah] Unable To Unsub From No Longer Avail. Newsfeeds

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Fri Mar 7 16:08:53 PST 2003

Quoting Chris J Albertson <alb at chrisalbertson.com>:

> When you talk about auto-remove, would this be a runtime thing? ie. when
> the list of available sources loads, it would check each source and only
> display if available? If this is what you're talking about, I would have
> questions about performance. Maybe add this to the administration
> configuration of Jonah as an option in case we "slow internet link folk"
> want to turn it off for performace reasons.

a). We have to read a file to display a source in any case. If that fails,
we nuke the source from their preferences. Not exactly performance-intensive
error checking.

b). Even if it was, it wouldn't affect people with slow net links - just
people with *very* slow (or overloaded) servers.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
I know there's fish out there, but where g-d only knows.