[jonah] Where is Weather??

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Mon Oct 13 13:12:00 PDT 2003

Quoting Guil Barros <listmail at metathusalan.com>:

> Whats 'hordes' relationship with them?

None, other than I personally have been using them as a weather source via
Horde.  Since I never put any info out there for others to use it, I have
to assume I was the only one using it.

> do they know we will
> be
> using them?

No.

> will they be upset if i just run this and get it done with or
> should i sleep between requests and do it overnight instead?

I don't know.  It sure would be nice to go slow if you can.  No need to
hammer any site, whether ejse or any other site.  Always best to be
polite.

If you go to their web site, you can find out some info about them.
See http://www.ejse.com/ and then click on "Services" and then "XML
Web Services" to find the weather stuff.

Note that the site also supports soap et al.  I just created a fast
verison via their html interface, since I didn't want to take the time
to do it via the soap services.  Their developer information links
seem broken unfortunately...

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics