[jonah] Releases

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Sat Mar 6 12:27:24 PST 2004

Quoting Jonathan Hutchins <hutchins at tarcanfel.org>:

> Is it actually possible to get the current release version of Jonah
> (0.0.2) to run with the current release of Horde?

0.0.2 isn't a release version; it was a snapshot of Jonah at the time.
It worked
with the development Horde at the same time.

> It really doesn't look like it, it looks like Jonah was abandoned
> four years ago and was never integrated into Horde.

Even 0.0.2 was integrated into the Horde that existed at that time, and Jonah
has never been abandoned.

> Yes, there's the CVS version, which looks like it's main idea is in a
> constant
> state of redesign, so that no-one's quite sure if there actually is  Jonah.
> Recent traffic has concentrated on moving functions out of Jonah into Horde.

Recent commits have concentrated on focusing the scope of Jonah's
functionality
and improving that functionality. It is an RSS aggregator and content provider
and is now focused on those things.

> So what's the deal?  Is there any possibility of getting a working RSS
> aggregator for Horde, or must we wait for the Horde redesign and then
> completely overhaul our sites?

I'm not sure what redesign you're referring to, unless you mean the new major
version of Horde. And it sounds like you've already decided that for whatever
reason you're not interested in Horde 3.0. It's unlikely that anyone will
backport Jonah to Horde 2.2.x, because all of the core developers are working
on the upcoming Horde 3.0 release and the release of all of the associated
applications - over 30 of them - including Jonah.

You can look at http://wiki.horde.org/ for some information on the process of
upcoming releases, what will be included, etc.

-chuck