[jonah] Releases

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Sat Mar 6 20:46:23 PST 2004

Quoting Jonathan Hutchins <hutchins at tarcanfel.org>:

> Is it actually possible to get the current release version of Jonah
> run with the current release of Horde?

No.

> It really doesn't look like it, it

Nope, it isn't.

> looks like Jonah was abandoned four years ago and was never integrated into
> Horde.

No, it hasn't been abandoned.  It has been actively developed over those
years.  But no release has been cut.

> Yes, there's the CVS version, which looks like it's main idea is in a
> constant
> state of redesign, so that no-one's quite sure if there actually is  Jonah.

Yes, it has been redesigned many times.  And the goal of Jonah has changed
several times.  But it's core working functionality has not changed from
the start.

> Recent traffic has concentrated on moving functions out of Jonah into Horde.

Most, but not all of it, has.  Yes.  The idea to make Jonah a portal has been
shifted to Horde itself.  So any portal type functionality must be moved
out to Horde itself.

> So what's the deal?

Full house.

> Is there any possibility of getting a working RSS
> aggregator for Horde, or must we wait for the Horde redesign and then
> completely overhaul our sites?

You must either run CVS HEAD of horde and Jonah, or wait for a release
of Jonah (which will probably not be until after the release of horde 3).

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!