[jonah] (no subject)

Thomas O'Brien thomas at creativebusinessystems.com
Sat May 1 11:53:26 PDT 2004

Hello,

I discovered a problem when adding a channel to Jonah. I'm not very well versed
in PHP or SQL but from what I can tell from the information in the horde log it
appears that whatever script is used to add channels assumes the channel_id to
be 1. If that channel_id already exists (which it does if you use the sql
script to add the default channels) you get "DB Error: already exists".

>From my horde.log

May 01 10:59:00 HORDE [error] [jonah] DB Error: already exists: INSERT INTO
jonah_channels (channel_id, channel_name, channel_type, channel_desc,
channel_interval, channel_url, channel_link, channel_img) VALUES (1, 'Drudge
Report', '1', NULL, 86400, 'http://www.drudgereportarchives.com/rss/recap.xml',
'', '') [nativecode=1062 ** Duplicate entry '1' for key 1] [on line 114 of
"C:\Inetpub\sharedroot\horde\jonah\lib\News\sql.php"]

If you click the submit button again the channel_id increments and you get the
same error:

May 01 11:00:09 HORDE [error] [jonah] DB Error: already exists: INSERT INTO
jonah_channels (channel_id, channel_name, channel_type, channel_desc,
channel_interval, channel_url, channel_link, channel_img) VALUES (2, 'The
Drudge Report', '1', NULL, 86400,
'http://www.drudgereportarchives.com/rss/recap.xml', '', '') [nativecode=1062
** Duplicate entry '2' for key 1] [on line 114 of
"C:\Inetpub\sharedroot\horde\jonah\lib\News\sql.php"]

I haven't tried to manually add a channel tho.

Thomas