[jonah] Custom RSS Feed

Brandon Knitter knitterb at blandsite.org
Sun Jan 16 13:42:48 PST 2005

> My personal direction of Jonah is to extend it with a feed directory
> browser. Instead of adding public feeds to Jonah, people would browse
> public feed directories within Jonah and select their feeds from their.
> Local, aggregated, and composite feeds would still be handled in Jonah like
> today.

What about personal feeds?  For instance, Netflix has a "per user" feed for
things like recommendations and your queue.  You surely wouldn't want a
directory with 100 people's feeds, but rather a "Your Netflix Feed" with a
parameter being the per user id/key.

Any thoughts on how that would be handled?  Perhaps the directory of
feeds could
additionally allow for user specific fields?

Just thinking out loud here!

--
-bk