[jonah] Custom RSS Feed

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Sun Jan 16 06:05:05 PST 2005

Zitat von Brandon Knitter <knitterb at blandsite.org>:

> Do you think it would make sense to change the way a set of stories
> is redered
> in renderChannel so that either a url or a channel_id (or a channel object
> itself, for that matter) could be passed instead?  I'm thinking this would be
> more portable in the future.  In the case of a channel object, perhaps in the
> "custom RSS feed" way, a channel object could be made on the fly.  That would
> be a decent/cheap way to get abstraction.
>
> That said, since this is my first endeavor into Jonah, I may not fully
> understand the intended direction of things.  Also, I'm an ops geek, not a
> software engineer extraordinaire, so be kind! :)

My personal direction of Jonah is to extend it with a feed directory
browser. Instead of adding public feeds to Jonah, people would browse
public feed directories within Jonah and select their feeds from their.
Local, aggregated, and composite feeds would still be handled in Jonah like
today.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/