[jonah] Implications of cross-database usage

Alan W. Rateliff, II lists at rateliff.net
Mon Mar 21 17:46:27 PST 2005

We have two distinct Horde systems running on a system, each with its own
email backend (IMAP and POP3) which we will eventually combine into a single
system.

To avoid creating work for myself, I thought it would be a good idea to have
the second system leech off the jonah tables of the first.  But the behavior
I see is not what is expected: I expect to be able to see the news feeds
from the first system (which I can) and call up the contents on the second
system (which does NOT happen.)  It seems that there's some caching missing.

What are the implications of sharing the database like this?  This might not
wind up being academic at all as I may allow outside access to the newsfeed
system, even after I have combined the two systems we use here.

--
       Alan W. Rateliff, II        :       RATELIFF.NET
 Independent Technology Consultant :    alan2 at rateliff.net
      (Office) 850/350-0260        :  (Mobile) 850/559-0100