[juno] Next Step

Chris Albertson alb@chrisalbertson.com
Tue Nov 26 19:10:51 2002

While I am a fan of the double entry accounting system, I think we need to ask
the question "who is the target user of this package?" If it is business, then
double entry is the way to go. The detail you get from that is great.

However, if the target is your general lazy home user who wants a web-based
"quicken/MS Money-type" replacement package... I don't think they will want to
do double entry. Double entry has a lot of positives, but it's time consuming.
(Not to mention that not many people have either had accounting
experience/classes, or remember that stuff.)

I just think that double entry will remove a lot of users from the mix.

Thoughts?

--

Chris Albertson

alb@chrisalbertson.com

186,300 miles per second. It's not just a good idea, it's the law.

4783147098