[kronolith] problems compiling

Edwin Culp eculp@EnContacto.Net
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 06:10:15 -0800

Quoting Chris Waltham <chris@insurancemyway.com.au>:

> Hrm, more problems.
>
> First off (and very trivial, I suppose); making mstore complains about
> not being able to find crypt.h. This is a FreeBSD 3.3-REL machine, if
> anyone cares.. I edited the makefile to point to
> /usr/include/rpcsvc/crypt.h

In mstore.c i use /usr/include/rpc/des_crypt.h but I'm using 5.0current.  It's
probably the same if it compiles cleanly with gmake.

> instead, and it seems to have made fine.
>
> However, when I try to make (after configuring) libmcal itself, I get
> this:
>
> internal ~/horde/libmcal % make
> gcc -O0 -Wall -g -Imstore -Iicap    -I. -c mcal.c
> In file included from mcal.c:37:
> drivers.c:1: stray '\' in program
> drivers.c:1: parse error before `33'
> drivers.c:1: stray '\' in program
> mcal.c: In function `cal_getdriver':
> mcal.c:68: `driver_registry' undeclared (first use this function)
> mcal.c:68: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> mcal.c:68: for each function it appears in.)
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
You did copy configure.FreeBSD to configure before
./configure --with-icap --with-mstore

If so, what version of libmcal are you using. I'm sure that 2.4.7 compiles
without problems so I just tried a fresh CVS and my compile looked like this:

/root/libmcal # make
gcc -O0 -Wall -g -Imstore -Iicap    -I. -c mcal.c
mcal.c:1045: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
mcal.c:1046: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
rm -f libmcal.a
ar r libmcal.a mcal.o datetime.o lex.ical_yy.o icalroutines.o cal_misc.o
icap/icap_driver.o mstore/mstore_driver.o

I'm not sure how you got the errors.  Since I'm a little late answering, I hope
you've already got it working.

ed