[kronolith] Error adding event

John Soward soward@soward.net
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 14:37:59 -0400

Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> Quoting Massimo Lusetti <massimo@datacode.it>:
>

>>As i try to add any event just after the click on 'SAve Event' button i get a
>>blank page and therafter any kronolith action fail.
>>
>>The user in the config is correct, i got libmcal from CVS compiled on
>>FreeBSD - STABLE.
>>

> Lots of people have had problems with libmcal on freebsd... the only
> recommendation I have for you at this point is to try the mysql driver for
> Kronolith.

I've got it working, I wish I'd taken some notes while I was hacking it
into shape.  I used the tester.c in the mcal source to make sure it work
working, once I had that doing all the right things with mstore
(required some alteration of the tester prgm to test just the right
parts), my php test worked, and then kronolith did.

I suspect my libmcal is out of date now since this was from April, but
I could tar it up as-is and make it available if someone wanted to try
to use it as-is. I would work on a patch set when I had time, but it
seems like th concensus is to use an SQL backend, which might be a
better choice as long as conversion to/from ics is possible.

--
John Soward
Commonwealth Administrators