[kronolith] Error adding event

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 02:10:27 -0400

Quoting John Soward <soward@soward.net>:

> I suspect my libmcal is out of date now since this was from April, but
> I could tar it up as-is and make it available if someone wanted to try
> to use it as-is. I would work on a patch set when I had time, but it
> seems like th concensus is to use an SQL backend, which might be a
> better choice as long as conversion to/from ics is possible.

The consensus is that a sql driver is going to be a good thing to have, given
that libmcal isn't activily developed and that lots of people have problems
with it. However, it's going to be difficult to replicate all of the
functionality that it provides in an efficient way, so it'd be nice if it
worked for more people. If you generate patches, I can commit them to the tree;
I just can't get rights to release a new version of the thing, unfortunately.

Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
Some fallen angels have their good reasons.