[kronolith] Re:[Kronolith] greek languge support help

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Thu, 6 Sep 2001 11:25:37 -0400

Quoting Silligardos Xristoforos <xsilliga@teiath.gr>:

>    As we said and in our first message we want to know which languge the
> user has chosen during his login to the system, we belive that this is
> held in some kind of a variable, we would like you to tell as how are we
> going to do that king of check.
>    in example:
>    if the user selected greek as his language we would like to use a
> function to translate the date from english to greek.
>    We don't know the check part, how would we know that the user has
> chosen greek as his language and not, lets say italian.

Why do you need a new function to do this? strftime(), which should be used
everwhere relevant, uses the current locale for the date. If you are using
Greek, you will be set to the greek locale.

For reference, though, the current language is always in the global variable
$language.

Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
Some fallen angels have their good reasons.