[kronolith] reccuring events: exceptions?

Jesse Wolff jesse_wolff@yahoo.com
Mon, 15 Oct 2001 20:13:14 -0700

Yeah, great question.

Exceptions could be actual inserts to the db that are checked against when the
nextRecurrance is being calculated? It might be feasible because these records
could just be included in the current SQL select therefore not added extra
calls to the db. I'm not familiar with mcal so of course this only applies to
the sql driver.

This leads to another question. When a recurring event is viewed or edited
should the original event dates and times be displayed (as it is currently) or
should the specific instance date and times be displayed along with an
indication that it's a recurring event. I think I'd prefer the later.

> but this week it occurs on Thursday at 6pm, or has been cancelled,

Then if you delete a specific instance of the recurrance a "cancelled" record
could be inserted to the db. If you change the date or time, you could insert
a "cancelled" record to the db, and then insert a new event for Thursday at 6pm
in your example.

Just my first thoughts.

Jesse.