[kronolith] Fwd: Kronolith/Mysql date import problem

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Mon, 17 Dec 2001 18:12:19 -0500

Quoting kwong@nova.edu:

> Can anyone with MySQL backend import the following csv and got it display
> in their calendar successfully?  If so, please let me know which
> horde/imp/kronolith/php/apache/mysql versions you are running.

No - Jan, here's why: the import code repeatedly calls Data::mapDate(). As a
static method, that has no implementation - it's an empty method.

Some other suggestions on the import/export stuff:

- data.php (kronolith's, at least) is pretty hard to follow. any cleanup that
  could be done would be great.
- lib/Data.php should just be the superclass and a factory method, with the
  subclasses in lib/Data/foo.php.
- instead of just having 'import' as the button name at the bottom of the form
  for each import step, the button should be set off more in the UI
  (emphasized), and say something like "Go to next step", and maybe name the
  step, too.

That's just off the top of my head. Great functionality, but needs cleanup.

Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"What was and what may be, lie, like children whose faces we cannot see, in the