[kronolith] MCAL and Solaris problem

Brandon Knitter knitterb@blandsite.org
Tue, 26 Mar 2002 16:19:28 -0800

Quoting Brandon Knitter <knitterb@blandsite.org>:
> > > I was also curious, I changed my switch in configure to
> > > --with-mcal=shared, and it builds fine, but php doesn't seem to load up
>
> > > mcal as shown in http://somesite/horde/test.php.  How do you tell php to
>
> > > load those at runtime?
> > > If there something in the php.ini that I missed.
> >
> > Yup. Make sure there's an extension = php_mcal.so line in php.ini...0
>
> Oh, since the so made by the mcal installation is libmcal.so, I still
> should
> call that line in the php.ini php_mcal.so?  Also, do I need to rename the
> libmcal.so in /usr/local/lib/?  I figure shared is the way to go, so any
> help
> would be very appreciated.

Wait, I figured it out! :)  I found the mcal.so, which the php build makes, in
/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20010901/mcal.so.  I simple
changed the extension dir to point there and added "extension = mcal.so", and
WHAMO I had MCAL support.  Cool! :)  Is this the correct installation?

Got Kronolith installed...that looks nifty.  I see that importing is not
available, just curious what that's all about, is it my driver that's broken, or
just the libmcal stuff?

Of course, two questions I'm sure you hear a lot:
1. What about "invite" support for mailing icalendar attachments?
2. What about importing/integration of emailed icalendar attachments (to me)?

I'm sure those are in the works, any way I can help?  I'm not much of a PHP
programmer, but something tells me that if I keep using the Horde stuff, I'm
just gonna have to be! :)

--
-bk