[kronolith] MCAL and Solaris problem

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 11:09:31 -0500

Quoting Brandon Knitter <knitterb@blandsite.org>:

> Wait, I figured it out! :)  I found the mcal.so, which the php build
> makes, in /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-
> 20010901/mcal.so.  I simple changed the extension dir to point there and
> added "extension = mcal.so", and WHAMO I had MCAL support.  Cool! :)  Is
> this the correct installation?

Yup!

> Got Kronolith installed...that looks nifty.  I see that importing is
> not available, just curious what that's all about, is it my driver that's
> broken, or just the libmcal stuff?

libmcal, and thus the mcal backend for Kronolith, can't handle more than
one new event per calendar per second. Thus making importing hard.

> Of course, two questions I'm sure you hear a lot:
> 1. What about "invite" support for mailing icalendar attachments?
> 2. What about importing/integration of emailed icalendar attachments (to
> me)?

Both of them on my todo list, but I have no time for either right now...

> I'm sure those are in the works, any way I can help?  I'm not much of a
> PHP programmer, but something tells me that if I keep using the Horde
> stuff, I'm just gonna have to be! :)

Welcome!

Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"A dream which helps you to live your reality with dignity
 and justice is a good dream." - Tariq Ramadan