[kronolith] SQL Driver?

Jan Schneider jan@horde.org
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 11:35:00 +0100

Zitat von Brandon Knitter <knitterb@blandsite.org>:

> > > Does the SQL driver for Kronolith work?
> >
> > Yes.
>
> Is it stable?  I'd love to start testing it.

Yes it is. Beside the missing features.

> > > I checked out cvs for kronolith/docs/CHANGES and didn't see anything
> that
> > > jumped
> > > out at me except the "started on sql driver" stuff.  Just curious
> where
> > > this is
> > > all at?
> >
> > It's all there, the only thing missing in the sql driver is alarms and
> one
> > sort of recurring events.
>
> Does this mean that going to the SQL driver (with 0.0.3) will be worse
> off than
> staying with libmcal?

No, if you don't depend on alarms that didn't have so much use anyway so
far. Installing the sql driver is much less pain than getting mcal to work.

> Does an export of kronolith/libmcal work to import into kronolith/sql?

Yes.

> Tried to drop in the CVS version of kronolith...opps! :)  heheheheh
> Looks like
> there are a lot of horde dependancies.

Yes, 0.0.3 works with Horde 2.0, 1.0RC1 with 2.1RC1 and 2.0-cvs with
3.0-cvs.

> Do you guys have a "dev env" setup doc?  It seems that the dir for each
> module
> (other than horde) have to live under horde, making symlinks not work....

No, it should be possible to place the different directories elsewhere. You
have to change the path names in registry.php and the constant definition
for HORDE_BASE in the applications' lib/base.php files.

Jan.