[kronolith] MCAL and Solaris problem

Brandon Knitter knitterb@blandsite.org
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 10:17:00 -0800

> > I was thinking of trying some things out in this area.  Has any work
> > been done yet on the "invite" or the receiving end of an invite?  I have
> > NO clue what I'm doing, but, hey, that's what cvs and diffs are for! :)
>
> The MIME_Viewer framework makes it much more possible; we just need a
> vcalendar driver that talks to Kronolith. Oh, and to expose adding an
> event to kronolith via the registry. Shouldn't be too hard...

Hmmm, I'd be willing to take a crack at this, just not sure where to start.  Let
me poke around the Horde site and documentation and figure out what a
MIME_Viewer framework is, and how to talk to a vcalendar drive.  Not sure about
the event format either.

Just for a little background, I'm a perl and Java programmer (done lots of
programming) so it's not like I'm learning to program here, but like most things
in the development world, I need to learn the syntax, the style, and the
provided APIs and framework before I'm proficient.

Has any work gone into the invite/accept yet (pen and paper, or code)?  I don't
want to reinvent the wheel, nor go down a path that will conflict with other
work later! :)  Maybe you and I should take this offline and about your master plan?

And just so I know who all I'm working with here, how many people have cvs
commit access (how many developers), and how many people are actively working on
kronolith (as submittions or cvs commit access)?

--
-bk