[kronolith] Holidays

Brandon Knitter knitterb@blandsite.org
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 19:06:33 -0700

> [btw, Brandon, think that you could trim your replies a bit? Or at least
> not have your client include the full _headers_ of messages you're
> replying to? :) ]

I'm using imp.  Either I have a bad option set, I top posted like a lazy SOB, or
I just plain ol' suck! :)  The latter I think is always the correct answer! :)

> > upon my preference, that would kick butt.  I think the major advantage
> > here is that the centrally maintained list would allow for global
> > updates.
> Yup!

Okay, I see what you're saying, you don't want to have a full binary installed
just for a list of dates?  That makes total sense.  Do you know if gcal gets its
list from somewhere, or is the list itself is accessible on it's own?  If noone
knows, I'd be happy to hop on that mailing list and take on the task of finding
out the resource availability question.

> > Jan mentioned that we could still leverage gcal on the server side, I
> > guess this fits the part that I'm most interested in, reuse.
> Yeah. With a central service, how that service is implemented becomes
> basically a non-issue.

I hear ya.  I was making the assumption that installing gcal as a whole might be
easier than requireing someone to pick out pieces of the source, that was a bad
example as the server side would be easier.  Thanks for the brick upside the
head (the brick was labeled "paradigm"), I was just totally missing the obvious
point.

So, how can I help?  Are the calls some sort of XML RPC or something?  That's a
fairly decent and concise way to do things!  I may be able to set up a test
service site if desired.

--
-bk