[kronolith] Holidays

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 16:03:24 -0400

[btw, Brandon, think that you could trim your replies a bit? Or at least
not have your client include the full _headers_ of messages you're
replying to? :) ]

Quoting Brandon Knitter <knitterb@blandsite.org>:

> The cool idea here is what Chuck and Jan _were_ proposing, pehaps the
> coffee finally kicked in, a subscription or service of holidays.  If
> this was easy to download and install (as well as remove) holidays based
> upon my preference, that would kick butt.  I think the major advantage
> here is that the centrally maintained list would allow for global
> updates.

Yup!

> Jan mentioned that we could still leverage gcal on the server side, I
> guess this fits the part that I'm most interested in, reuse.

Yeah. With a central service, how that service is implemented becomes
basically a non-issue.

Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"A dream which helps you to live your reality with dignity
 and justice is a good dream." - Tariq Ramadan