[kronolith] kronolith and oracle

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 15:03:19 -0400

Quoting Liam Hoekenga <liamr@umich.edu>:

> Oracle 8 doesn't use the ANSI join syntax.  I'm told Oracle 9 does.

*blink*

You can't pin this one on MySQL, though; ANSI joins work in every other db
that I know of (MS-SQL, etc...).

> I was merely suggesting if someone added datetime abstraction to
> something (PEAR DB? adodb?), it would be cool if they'd also add join
> abstraction. I realize they don't have much to do with eachother.. just
> a wish list.

Seems like that gets us into much more complicated query building, but I
suppose it's possible.

Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"A dream which helps you to live your reality with dignity
 and justice is a good dream." - Tariq Ramadan