[kronolith] kronolith and oracle

Liam Hoekenga liamr@umich.edu
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 16:05:35 -0400 (EDT)

> > Oracle 8 doesn't use the ANSI join syntax.  I'm told Oracle 9 does.
>
> *blink*
>
> You can't pin this one on MySQL, though; ANSI joins work in every other db
> that I know of (MS-SQL, etc...).

Informix doesn't seem to use ANSI92 (or versions of it don't.. I don't
have any informix experience).

Oracle9i supports ANSI SQL99 join syntax

    http://technet.oracle.com/products/oracle9i/daily/jan14.html

Mebbe you guys get to say "Oracle users upgrade to 9i, or switch RDBMSs".
grepping for join in the horde code makes me think that only Whups is
really effected by the join stuff.

9i doesn't bring the date handling any closer to mysql's behavior, which
is the more immediate issue when trying to get Kronolith working w/
oracle.

liam