[kronolith] Shared Calendars

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Sun, 9 Jun 2002 19:20:27 -0400

Quoting Rick Stevens <rstevens@vitalstream.com>:

> I appologize for the cross posting, but this message addresses items in
> the Horde, Horde Development and Kronolith realms, so I posted to all
> three hoping to solicit suggestions.

I'm glad someone is poking at this at all, and encourage you in moving
forward, and hope we can get something like this into CVS at some point.

However, your specific work probably won't be, since it seems to rely too
much on configuring IMP a certain way (the domain stuff), and on the SQL
backend.

Some additional comments below.

> I'm working on a shared calendar mechanism for virtual domains.  I'm
> basing my work on the kronolith-1.0-RC3 code base.  The intent of the
> shared calendar is as follows:

You should really base work that you hope to become part of Horde on the
HEAD code. It'll make things a lot easier for all of us if we ever integrate
your patches.

> I can't find a simple Horde:: class that will build up this drop-down
> menu (I find plenty of examples for mailboxes and the like, but they
> are all application- and usage-specific).  Is there  a generic Horde
> method for generating a drop-down list from a simple array of text
> arguments and a way to pick up what the user selected?

No, but it's also not very hard to do. You can use HTML_Select if you really
want - see Kronolith's lib/Event.php for a bunch of exapmles.

> There also doesn't appear to be a method for closing an open calendar.
> I can certainly "disconnect()" the SQL connection, but that would leave
> some crumbs around that we don't want.  I'll write a close routine
> if necessary.

A patch for that would be fine.

> Going along with that, what is required to open a new calendar session?
> I suppose I could borg the code at the end of kronolith/lib/base.php
> and close (using the new function I guess I'll have to write), then
> open the new calendar and force a browser refresh.  That seems a bit
> draconian.  Is there an easier way or am I going to have to write
> it?

Hrm. Why do you think you need all of the above? I'm a bit confused.

Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"What was and what may be, lie, like children whose faces we cannot see, in
the arms of silence. All we ever have is here, now." - Ursula K. Le Guin