[kronolith] Shared Calendars

Jan Schneider jan@horde.org
Mon, 10 Jun 2002 11:10:12 +0200

Zitat von Pete Schwamb <pete@the-valley.org>:

> I have a few ideas I'm not sure are part of the plan, so here they are:
> 1. We'd like to allow users to 'subscribe' to other event lists, such as
> holidays, or project schedules, or organization events.  These events
> would automatically show up on the users calendar, but not be editable
> by them.  The event lists would be managed much like a personal
> calendar, by someone authorized to do so.

We already had some discussions about this feature in the past. You'll find
a thread in the archive about holidays that covers most of the aspects like
how to fetch event, where to keep the event data and how to mark event data
as being public.

My personal roadmap for this would be the following:

1) Implement multiple sources. Similar to like we have it in Turba now, make
it possible to define multiple (local) sources that are all showed together
in the users calendar at once (in opposite to Turba).

2) Implement basic calendar rights, like read-only public calendars with
write rights only for admins. Again like in Turba.

3) Make calendars suscribeable by the users.

4) Implement remote sources based on our rpc client/server as proposed in
the holiday thread.

5) Build a gcal based holiday subscription service on horde.org again as
proposed in the holiday thread.

Jan.